Monday, February 1, 2010

The Terrible 20s

From the standpoint of an ursine enthusiast, the 20s bring very little to the table in the terms of feral tanking improvements.  They are, in order of appearance:


  1. Demoralizing Roar, Rank 2 - Level 20
  2. Feral Charge - Level 20
  3. Swipe (Bear), Rank 2 - Level 24
  4. Maul, Rank 3 - Level 26
  5. Challenging Roar - Level 28
This is a fairly sparse list, and the 20s seem to be more dedicated to the introduction of the various Cat abilities, as well as some respectable improvements to the Restoration skills.  I am on the brink of leveling to 20, and will likely do so if only to achieve the remaining skills needed for The Flying Bear Maneuver.

My thoughts on the 20s, however, are rather grim with respect to feral tanking.  My next entry will focus on the love-hate relationship we have with the Maul skill, how it is best used, what its relationship is to swipe, and other Maul-related things.

1 comment:

  1. I would suggest trying all feral tree once you hit 25. Getting those points into primal fury could pretty much solve your rage problems, since swipe would help you build rage rather than spend it (on any AOE packs).

    I can't say if it would work, since that talent wasn't around when I leveled my druid, but it might be worth a shot.

    -Finwe

    ReplyDelete